——————-life is good—————-

By Harvey Tobkes

My daughter Julie insisted my wife Anita and I join her for an Asian foot, shoulder, hand, neck massage. I was very adverse to the idea but the truth was…my wrists and neck were hurting, so I gave in.

I entered a darkened room where in the low light I was just about able to make out some typical Chinese decorations, there was a spooky silence, no sounds were heard, other than soft, soothing Chinese flute music. People are not supposed to speak and if words are needed they are spoken in a low whisper.

To cut a long story short my experience was like being in heaven; 70% of the time I was induced into a deep sleep and the other 30% I was in a twilight zone. Once, Julie (on the table beside me) had to nudge me because in the quiet ambience my snoring was too loud. Never in my life did I zonk out on drugs, never got high on marijuana, but the peace and bliss I felt in the hands of my Asian masseuse must be what drugs do to calm the mind and body.

No one who was not with us can imagine our trifecta of pleasure, which started with a lobster lunch at the N.Y. Yankee steak house in the Seminole Casino, preceded by the breakfast delights Julie served us this morning, and now the Asian massage in the late afternoon. Ahh! Utopia!

After leaving the Lotus Asian Massage & Spa we walked a short distance and there was Jerry’s Artarama. You gotta admit, Julie planned things like General Patton. She told Anita…”Mom it’s your BIRTHDAY present, so let’s go inside and buy whatever you desire…mom, I want you to go wild and load up on artist’s paraphernalia.”

Later we went back to Julie’s home where we spent the night. Luckily, we caught the return of football season (on TV) and don’t ask what food and snacks Julie served during the game. I promise one thing, I am not getting on my scale this week!

To sum it all up…the nearby Seminole Casino in Coconut Creek had slot machines, but we didn’t need to play the slots to win the jackpot; today…we already hit it.


About this entry