A suburban Kansas City man accidentally fired a 2.5-inch nail into the top of his head, but George Chandler says he now feels fine after a doctor used a claw hammer to remove it. The mishap occurred Friday while Chandler of Shawnee, and a friend were working on a backyard project.


The nail gun hose became tangled, causing the powerful tool to fire once. Chandler said Monday he told his friend he didn’t know where the nail went, but he felt a sting on the top of his head.


Soon they discovered that the nail was driven into Chandler’s skull, so they called an ambulance. He was rushed to a hospital, where a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the nail, Chandler said.

Chandler said he feels “very lucky, very, very lucky” to have escaped serious injury.

Source: He Got Nailed

About this entry